Our Relationship is The Most Important Factor in Your Success
The quality of our relationship is vitally important to the quality of the work we do and the results we achieve together. This “Relationship Engagement Document” outlines the nature of the kind of relationship I hope to build with you and how we can work together to your advantage.
To be mutually beneficial, ours must be a trust relationship. Unless we trust each other, you will not get my best possible recommendations and I will not have the information to do my best work for you. We must be able to communicate honestly and respect each other.
I promise that:
- Your needs and priorities always come first in any recommendation I make to you.
- You will get the same recommendations I would give myself, my business and/or family if we were in similar circumstances.
- You will get the best advice I have available to me to handle your situation, even if I need to refer you to an associate who has more expertise and experience in a particular specialty.
- I will only prescribe solutions for you based on as full an understanding of your situation, goals, objectives, and options as you will give me.
Why Clients Work with Me
- Clients count on me for my work and advice on their wealth management and risk management areas of their financial lives. More simply put, their investments (retirement focused and otherwise), and on life, disability, and long-term care insurance needs. I focus my business primarily on the financial needs of military and federal employees and farm and ranch business owners. Please note, while I may be licensed for other services to facilitate referrals on your behalf, I limit the work I do to areas that I understand well and can speak passionately about. For instance, I am not licensed to provide tax advice. However, many things I do and will recommend will need to be addressed on your tax return, so I often work hand-in-hand with my clients’ tax advisors. I am not personally, a “full service financial advisor”, claiming to handle every single aspect of your complete financial and insurance portfolio and financial planning. I believe in Team Work to get you the best advice available working for you.
- This is the education, experience and training I have to assist me help you in the area of my focus: I have been in the financial industry for 19+ years after a 20-year career in the United States Air Force. I have the series 6, 63, and 65 securities licenses which allows me to recommend managed money investment accounts. I am not, however, a stockbroker and do not manage or broker individual stocks and bonds. I also have a life and health insurance license. However, I do not broker health insurance. I do, however, know several health insurance agents that I can refer you to if those needs present themselves. Similarly, I do not hold a Property and Casualty license, so I do not broker insurance around renters, homeowners, or automobile insurance, but know many agents that are licensed in that area. I have completed numerous continuing education courses throughout my 11 years in the industry as required to maintain my securities and insurance licenses.
- You can expect me to speak your language and make my work as easy to understand as I can. The approach you experience is simple: First, I explain what I do for people like you and how you can benefit from my expertise and experience. My focused experience has given me the understanding it takes to predict problems and solve them satisfactorily. I have some great ideas to solve serious issues. If that appeals to you, I’ll ask some personal/business questions so I can understand where you are today and where you want to go. If I can, I will then develop and recommend the process, planning, and products so you can arrive at your objectives more quickly, safely and “in style”. You are always the boss in this relationship. I’m applying to be the “quarterback” of your financial advisory team. I see my job as giving you the information you need to make the decisions you have to make to get the results you want for yourself, your family and/or your business. I take my role as your guide down this rough and rocky road of financial security, very seriously.
- You can expect regular contact from me. At the very least, I or my office will be in touch with you quarterly. I do provide a monthly electronic newsletter, and unless you expressly wish not to receive it I will add you on my e-newsletter distribution list. Please let me know if you would prefer a paper copy of this newsletter. You can opt out of the newsletter at any time. We will review your portfolio and your life experience annually for potential changes required to keep it in line with your goals. How often do you want me to be in touch? What is the best way to contact you? Where and when is best?
- If necessary and you agree, you may be referred to other experts so you can achieve your goals more effectively and quickly. We have a competent team of other professional services providers that we coordinate to help you.
How you can make our working relationship work best
- Be open to new approaches for your financial security and tax matters. I am always looking for new ways to help and will bring them to you. Just bring an open mind to our meetings.
- Fully disclose the information I need so that I can be on track with my recommendations. If you hold back important information, I will not be able to give you on target advice or recommendations. If you cannot be open with me, please let me know and I will refer you to someone else.
- Carefully consider my recommendations. Planning and recommendations have no value unless they are put into action. Your thoughtful consideration of the ideas I bring will help you move forward.
- Do business with me on the products or services I bring to your attention. If you are not able to work with me, please let me know at the beginning. My compensation and ability to continue my work with you is contingent on a successful working business relationship.
- I work and build my business primarily “By Referral”. This is a benefit to you because since I want to earn your introduction and recommendation to other people like you, I work hard to do what’s right for you and your family the first time and keep doing it. Your recommendation to others that I can help is the greatest form of complement I receive. Be assured that I will respect your trust and confidence and make you look good to those you entrust to me. Please don’t keep me a secret.
- Please read my proposals to you carefully to catch any inadvertent errors or oversights. I need your help to do my best. No one knows your situation better than you. That familiarity helps fine tune my work. We have to work together as a team.
- Notify me immediately of any important personal, financial, business or family changes as they happen — when you are a client. Our relationship must be a two-way street. I advise you of market and economic happenings. You must advise me of your personal and business changes when they occur between our regular reviews, if I am to provide the best possible service and advice to you. You will receive an annual checklist to help make this happen, but it is not enough. Your success depends on this being a two-way street. Please keep in touch.
About My Business
TAG Financial Solutions is an independent business and I own and operate it. I am affiliated with Securities America, Inc. I am paid by the product, not by the hour and usually from the supplier companies who provide the products we use to help solve client problems. I may be required by supplier companies to refund my commissions or fees if you cancel your business or move it to someone else. I may share commissions or receive fees from the professionals I refer you to if you do work with them. I am also licensed to offer and am appointed with an Investment Advisory firm. As such, a portion of my compensation may come from management fees from fee/advisory based accounts.
I am usually paid commissions from the companies where we place your insurance business. Commissions for insurance sales and service are paid up front for the duration of the time you own it. Commissions are not my income; they are revenue to my company. The revenue we receive is for the service and review work I do for you over the life of the contract you have. I may also receive additional incentives from suppliers depending on the volume of work I do with them.
If I ever have a conflict of interest in my work, which is unlikely, I will disclose it immediately. Please ask if you have any additional questions.
Your satisfaction is my paramount business concern because acquiring clients is a costly and time-consuming venture. We want to do all we can to attract and keep you as a satisfied client and work hard to earn your long-term loyalty. We also seriously value your recommendation and personal endorsement to your friends, associates, and colleagues. Thank you.